Tuesday 29 April 2008

Seiges.

I have acquired a set of "Warfare in the Age of Reason" rules. While I don't think I'll use them for field battles (12 figure "regiments?") they also have a useful set of seige rules. And then, of course, The London War Room have a nice-looking 28mm set of 18th century engineers and sappers...
*
So my question is, how many gamers have actually taken part in a seige game? Did you fight it out on the tabletop, or reduce everything to maps, plans and the abstract? Inquiring minds need to know...

2 comments:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Good Morning AJ,

Ah, you have your new Battlegames, you lucky man. I've been watching my mailbox, but it takes a bit longer over here. No, I've never partaken in a siege game, but as you know, I am currently thinking hard about how to use pioneers/engineers in interesting ways on the table. Enjoy the new issue!

Best Regards,

Stokes

Bluebear Jeff said...

Stokes will see his Battlegames before I get mine . . . *sigh*.

The only miniatures siege game that I've played was the Roman assault on Masada . . . and I don't really recall how the build-up was handled.

I do recall that there was something done prior to the assault . . . but that was a great many years ago . . . the main part of the game was the assault.

Sorry that I'm not of any more help than that.


-- Jeff