Wednesday 3 September 2008

IR2 - Margravine Josefina's Own Regiment of Foot

The regiment on parade for the first time.

Some new recruits...
*
On the whole I'm pretty pleased with the way these figures came out. As I mentioned earlier I discovered a batch in greatcoats and shakos which will be converted to a bearskin-wearing grenadier company for this regiment. Two of the new recruits are pictured to the left on the bottom photo. This morning I rooted out another batch of greatcoated figures - enough for the third regiment in the Margave's army! All I need do is to add a cavalry regiment of some kind, a battery of artillery apiece, and the armies of Dunkeldorf-Pfuhl and Hetzenberg will clash.
*
All I have to do after that is to get them together on the same continent...
*
The greatcoats are painted in loden green, a nice color for an Austrianesque army, I think. As usual I printed-off the regimental colors after designing them using the standard Paint program on my computer. They were hand painted with acrylics mixed with a little Klear polish, followed by a coat of Klear when dry to give the shiny silken effect. The basework will be done once the grenadier company is completed so it looks consistent.

4 comments:

Martin said...

Hiya A.J.,

WOW! I stand slackjawed in amazement. Those are some fine looking fellows, and the neatest thing is that they are totally unique. Very cool, and after all those years of lugging them around, you'll be able to use them on the table.

Yours,

Martin

Fitz-Badger said...

Splendid-looking troops!

tradgardmastare said...

Excellent conversions and I await more with interest...

old-tidders said...

Those conversions have come out really well; a great idea.

-- Allan