Tuesday 14 April 2009

The Hetzenberg Chronicles Overview

Thanks for your kind comments gentlemen! I think it only fair to my regular readers if I give some indication as to where events will lead next.

The first volume of the Chronicle story rightly concluded when Ursula and Mary Amadeus reached Kimmelsbrucke. This second volume will cover the war between Hetzenberg and Dunkeldorf-Pfuhl, including the Battle of Viehdorf and the upcoming siege of Randstadt (in which our heroines will play their due part). I intend to use the rules in the Emperor's Press Warfare in the Age of Reason 2nd edition to run a paper game of this. Everything falls within an overall story arc concluding in the third volume. I do have plots and plans in mind but, as always when writing fiction the characters will often do things that take even me by surprise. And yes, Mary A - I am talking about you!

My beloved fiancée is working on copyediting the first volume as and when her schedule permits. I am adding new material to firm-up the begining, throwing some light on the days of Mary Amadeus and Ursula in the convent before life came calling with a vengeance, and fleshing-out other scenes and events during the course of the storyline. It's our intention to publish the whole in paperback and .pdf format at a later date - emigration matters permitting!

For now, I will be busy over the next couple of days, but I'll try and write the next chapter this afternoon. =)

A J

5 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

AJ,

That sounds like a plan. Interestingly enough I just finished reading the .pdf of your "Collector" novel today.

I look forward to reading some of your other works when my computer is back online.


-- Jeff

A J said...

Hi Jeff, nice to see you back online. I hope your computer worries won't take long to fix. Thanks for reading my book. It was fun to write and a fun and interesting experience working on the series with the other authors.

Snickering Corpses said...

Very pleased to hear you intend publishing the stories. I'll definitely be watching for the day announcement of the volumes comes.

Fitz-Badger said...

Thanks for the update! I know I will be happily awaiting each new episode as they come out. :-D

Capt Bill said...

Thanks for all the enjoyment you have provided. I look forward to the continuing chronicles...