Thursday 28 May 2009

Over here.

By the Lord Harry, I made it! My thanks to all who wished me good luck; your kind words did the trick. The transatlantic flight was trouble-free, although we flew around the edge of a storm halfway between Detroit and St. Louis, which made things a tad bumpy for a while. My beloved was waiting at the gate with an ecstatic welcome, and now, this following day, I'm not even jet lagged worth noticing. All in all, a good result. =)

My paints and brushes made it through without harm and I was reunited with my Hetzenberg army. At the moment their deadly rivals of Dunkeldorf-Pfuhl are still the other side of the Pond, but they'll be heading this way too before long.
Some time in the next year I hope to complete the two armies with some strategic purchases from Dayton Painting Consortium. For the moment, I have a couple of late World War One British and German 15mm figure packs to paint up. These nice little castings were bought from Peter Pig at the Newark show last Sunday by way of dipping my toe into gaming the era.

And for those who follow the story, once I've rested up and settled in I'll resume the adventures of Mary Amadeus and Ursula, et al. And here's hoping I get to meet my fellow Imagineers in person some day!

9 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Welcome to the New World, sir.


-- Jeff

Frankfurter said...

Harpy ... uh ... Happy Landings!
Glad you're here safe, sound, and legal!
Regards to the beloved too!

BTW, where in our somewhat scrambled country are you all settling down?

:)
Arthur

Capt Bill said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome! All of Beerstein celebrates your safe arrival. A week of thanksgiving has been declared.

Fitz-Badger said...

Welcome to the other side of the pond! :-)

Snickering Corpses said...

That's great news, sir. Welcome to the US. Echoing Arthur, regards to the beloved also and which state did you end up in?

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Well done AJ.... but you'll miss the warm beer and hot curries before you know it.... :o))

A J said...

Thank you, one and all! It's wonderful to be here.

We live in St. Louis, MO some ways south of the city proper. "Whitehaven," General Ullyses S. Grant's first married home is literally a few minutes walk from here. It's a decent neighborhood with a number of model/hobby stores close by. Ah, wargamers and their sense of priorities... ;) I look forward to meeting up with you all sometime.

Frankfurter said...

There s a very active wargaming community in the St. Louis area ... I ll have to find the URL somewhere ... perhaps I will actually meet you next year!
Arthur

Cindy said...

Hey, I can actually read your blog at the new job! I can look busy at my terminal, after all. ;)

Luv,
The Beloved