Thursday 2 July 2009

A bit of a hitch...

Members of my regiment "78th Fraser's Highlanders" with their 'musket faces' on.
*
Thanks for your good wishes, gentlemen! Yes, 3rd July should help me remember our anniversary. Being an absent-minded professor at times, I need all the help I can get! Even so, I've already mastered the two little words every wife wants to hear from her husband -

"Yes, dear..."

If I forget, then there will be fireworks! ;)

And now a word from our "Everything was going so well!" department.

After a long delay that was already cutting things too fine the dressmaker dispatched my fiancee's wedding dress to us by the wrong service.
The consequence is, it won't be here until next week! Needless to say Cindy is most upset! Luckily her eldest daughter is back in town. An expert dressmaker, she's risen to the occasion and we're going all-out to find an alternative in keeping with our 18th century theme. With luck and a following wind, we'll have something ready by tonight. Even my famous sang froid has taken a bit of a pasting over this...


GenCon. I've heard so much about it and would like to go. I have friends in the Indy area who'll give me a bed for the night. I'm not sure I can make it this year but I'll aim to attend next year for sure.

We're both going to be at the Koh-Koh-Mah reenactment event
September 19 & 20, 10 miles west of Kokomo, Indiana. It's the meeting of the year as far as the French-Indian War reenactment groups are concerned. I've wanted to go for years and now I can! The link above takes you to the title page.

3 comments:

Bluebear Jeff said...

Remind her that you are marrying HER, not the dress . . . and that she'd be lovely no matter what she's wearing.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

great photo :)

It wouldn't be a real wedding if all went smoothly! lol

Snickering Corpses said...

Well said, Jeff!

My condolences to her, still, on such a frustration. I think every wedding is required to have at least one story of a frustrating error. Someday, this will be one of your favored stories about how the wedding went, and how the eldest daughter came to the rescue!