Wednesday 29 July 2009

Pootling onwards and upwards

Thanks, gentlemen! The visa process is slow and the USCIS website info is as clear as the Mississippi. As my wife says, everything got so much more expensive and complex post 9/11. The green card should come once I get the next visa interview stage over with. And yes, I will apply for citizenship at some point.

Geoffrey, one of the guys I contacted is Blake Walker. He runs games at a local store (which stocks a nice line of Vallejo paints and other goodies, BTW =). As far as I know there's no particular scenario in mind for the upcoming game. Blake said he's in the middle of a painting frenzy and should have some British good to go for the game.
* * *
Spearhead 2009 is coming up on 8/8/09 at the St. Louis Mills Mall. A one-day event it has games ranging from Napoleonic through to sci-fi. That Saturday looks clear so I think I'll trot along.

2 comments:

Martin said...

Hey A.J.,

Glad to hear that you're settling in okay and making some contacts in the local gaming scene!

I suppose that we can never go back to the, "huddled masses yearning to breathe free" approach, but JEZZE how many hoops do you have to jump through before they decide that you're sincere?!

By the way, thanks for the Kokomo link! I've lived in Indiana all my life and I had never heard of it. I guess you really can teach an old dog new tricks!

Yours,

Martin

A J said...

Hi Martin, good to hear from you again. =) YVW for the link. From what my friends tell me (and they should know) Koh-Koh-Mah is THE re-enactment event to attend in the Midwest. These next few years are the 250th anniversary of the French-Indian War so they'll be pulling out all the stops this year. My wife and I will be there, so if you're in the neighborhood of the 78th (Frazer's) Highlanders' camp, come and say hi!