Monday 26 October 2009

DPC update and a useful ink.

This weekend I got an email with some excellent news from Richard Masse at Dayton Painting Consortium. Some of you may know of the sad demise of the London War Room, which had an excellent range of 25-28mm Spanish for the SYW. DPC has acquired the molds for these and are already producing figures. It's early days, but the range is shown on DPC's newly-refurbished website. It includes grenadiers, fusiliers, and dragoons, along with useful miners for siege work. An interesting group for amphibious operations includes oarsmen, steersman, seated officers and fusiliers - something I'm taking note of for future scenarios involving the Hetzenberg riverine flotilla.
*
As a member of the Too Fat Lardies wargames rules group pointed out, there's a dearth of 17th-19th century buildings suitable for middle Europe. He went on to provide this link to a German site, Pretzschendorfer Weihnachtsberg which has a useful range of free to download printable buildings. The scale appears to be in the 10mm-15mm range, but with a bit of computer printer or copier adjustment it can be altered upwards.
*
On a personal note my status over here has been formally confirmed. I am now officially a resident alien! Must go now as I have to inform the mother ship and polish my ray gun...

4 comments:

Martin said...

Hey A.J.,

Shoot...I'd take you to my leader, but I don't think we have any of those anymore. Ha, ha, ha!

Thanks for the link to the buildings. (Now...if only I could get a printer that works...humm! Ah-ha! Christmas!)

Glad to see that you were able to get in contact with DPC. That new Spanish line looks interesting!

Bluebear Jeff said...

Be careful with that raygun . . . you wouldn't want to accidentally zap your figures.


-- Jeff

Fitz-Badger said...

congrats and nanu nanu!

Frankfurter said...

Extremely glad to hear the good news!
Live long and prosper!
:)
A