Wednesday 8 August 2012

A Tribute

It's been a long, long time since anything was posted here. The reason is my wife and I have been caring for her mother during a year-long battle with cancer. My other blog was easy to keep updated. Gaming took my mind off things. Writing fiction is a full-time task, so I'm afraid it had to lapse. 

Ann is a fan of the Chronicles and looked forward to the new adventures of Ursula and Mary Amadeus. A lovely lady, very active as a volunteer in her community and various charities, she stayed upbeat and positive all through her illness.

Now I'm afraid her long struggle is coming to a close. Her family is with her now. Thoughts and prayers, please, for Ann.

When I'm able to do so, I shall continue with the Chronicles. Mary Amadeus shall return. 

Edit:
Regrettably, Ann died yesterday evening. She's at peace now. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.  

7 comments:

justMike said...

Thoughts and prayers absolutely during this difficult time. Wishing you and your family courage and kindness. - Mike

Bluebear Jeff said...

I understand the stresses involved and feel for you.

My wife and I are going through similar stresses with my cancer (I start chemo next week).

It is good to see you posting here again and I will be sure to pray for Ann and her family.


-- Jeff

tradgardmastare said...

Thoughts and prayers as asked for...

David Morfitt said...

Sorry to hear your news; she sounds a very good person and I'm glad she enjoyed the adventures of Ursula and Mary Amadeus, as do many of us.

Hopefully when things settle down for you you will indeed be able to do more of the adventures; I'll be looking forward to them. You could perhaps see continuing them as a tribute to Ann.

All the best,

David.

A J said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts, gentlemen. It's a rough and stressful time for us all, but my wife and I are getting through it. When things are settled I'll certainly continue the adventures, and dedicate them to Ann.

Jiminho said...

I'm sorry for the news of your mother in law's situation. My thoughts go her and your family; she sounds like someone very worthy of honour and respect. It is wonderful, though not surprising, to hear of her interest and support of your Hetzenberg project. I wish you all as much strength and serenity as possible.

My regards,

Jim

A J said...

Thank you, Jim. Your kind words are much appreciated.